In a fast emerging and changing world, where content exploitation has gone beyond traditional broadcast and screen exhibition to fiber-cables/ Wi-Fi and connected experiences, the need for competitive, engaging and innovative content has become a must.
The Concept Lab is a programme designed to support authentic story-telling and ideas by providing individualized concept development for emerging concept creators and writers with a TV/ Digital series idea or screenplay.
Participants will have the expert support of Toonz Development to create a marketable concept and pitch for their concepts.
Toonz will take selected pitches with them to various domestic and international markets attended by Toonz.
- If you have a concept, a story to tell or an idea that needs to be developed, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and contact details, expressing your interest to participate in the Concept Lab. Thereafter, we will send you a Submission Release Form. Upon receipt of the signed Submission Release Form from you (digital signatures accepted), we will ask you to submit your concept. No submission will be entertained without receipt of the signed Submission Release Form.
- Any person above the age of 18 with a concept or idea, not employed by Toonz Media Group, can apply for the Cocoon Concept Lab.
- Every applicant must provide personal details and idea generation. Loglines, characterization, treatment and story synopsis are helpful but not mandatory.
- Applications must reach Toonz by 31 March 2019.
- The selection of the entries will be based on the theme, uniqueness, relatability and global engagement possibilities of the concept.
- 6 concepts will be selected for the 2-day Animation Masters Summit – 2 for comedy (slapstick/ chase/ situational), 2 for action adventure comedy and 2 for pre-school and or learning.
- The selected participants will be intimated by email and the final list will also be shared on the website/ social media pages.
- Internal members of the Toonz family will be appointed to become mentors for the selected participants.
- Once the workshop concludes the mentors will track, advise and inspire the participants to create their pitches, which will be presented during AMS 2019 and will also be used for future pitches worldwide.
- Mentors will work based on the briefs and guidance based on the workshop. Anything new will have to go via Development.
- During the Animation Masters Summit (AMS) 3rd and 4th of May 2019, the short-listed participants must present their pitches with relevant material – bible, images, video, etc. to the audiences and the masters during the 2nd day of the event.
- The masters and certain pre-selected members of the audience will be given an opportunity to vote for the best pitch.
- The winners will be selected based on the pitch, the relevancy of the pitch and concept.
- The winner of the Concept Lab will be given a cash prize of INR 50,000.
- A group of masters, along with Cocoon will decide the winner of the concept lab on AMS day and the winner will be awarded during AMS.
- The winner will be also called to pitching sessions for their concept and any further development support for the project will be rendered to the participant.
- For a period of two years Toonz will represent the selected pitches in various domestic and international markets. Toonz will also have the option to further extend the two-year period by an additional year.
7. Other Rules and Regulations
- Toonz reserves the right to change deadlines and other dates without notice for any legitimate reason. However, any such change will be announced on the website.
- By submitting your concept, you warrant that the entry is entirely your own original composition and that it does not infringe any law or regulation or third-party right including, but not limited to, the law of copyright, trademark, libel or defamation. Any concepts found to be infringing on the rights of any third-party will not be considered and/or removed. Plagiarism is not tolerated. Unauthorized use of copyrighted material shall automatically disqualify the entry from being judged.
- By submitting your entry, you attest that the concept has never been previously published or broadcast in any form, including print, e-book, television or online publication. You may, however, enter work you have already published on your personal blog. Please do not send work that has been published elsewhere or submitted as an entry to any other contest.
- You cannot alter, modify or edit your entry once it has been submitted.
- By submitting your concept (including entering the competition), you agree to accept the contest rules in full, all of our terms and conditions, and general submission guidelines. We reserve the right to adjust these rules without notice, but any such changes shall be posted here on our website.
- By submitting your concept, you acknowledge and agree that, if Toonz accepts your submission, you will be deemed to have granted Toonz, and its affiliates, the first right of negotiation, the right of first refusal and last right of matching for developing the concept into a series/film or any other form of content.
- If your concept is eventually greenlit for production, you will be credited as the original creator of the concept.